“Never arrive, ever” is a story about Piotr Strzeżysz’s life – a modern nomad who has been wandering the world on his bicycle for more than 20 years. Solitary nights in uninhabited lands, interacting with ghosts, countless encounters with “others”, apprehension on the mother’s part, mountains, cats and unrelenting desire for not reaching the destination point – all this comprises a fascinating journey having its beginnings, as indicated by the protagonist, at the very moment of his birth.
Festivals and awards:
- Kolosy 2017, Gdynia – first public screening,
- Adrenalinium 2017, Żywiec, Poland – Grand Prix,
- MEDIATRAVEL 2017, Łódź, Poland – Honourable Mention,
- Prowincjonalia 2018, Września, Poland – Official Selection,
- Ińskie Lato Filmowe, 2018, Ińsko, Poland – Official Selection,
- Festival Internacional de Cine de Montaña Ushuaia Shh, 2018, Argentina – Official Selection,
- Spotkania z Filmem Górskim, 2018, Zakopane, Poland – Official Selection,
- Ulju Mountain Film Festival, 2018, South Korea – Official Selection,
- Rueda. Festival Internacional De Cinema Ciclista, 2018, Barcelona, Spain – Official Selection,
- Festival de Cine Verde de Barichara FESTIVER, 2018, Colombia – Best International Feature Film,
- Medzinárodný festival horských filmov, 2018, Poprad, Slovakia – Official Selection,
- DSW Happy End Festiwal Filmów Optymistycznych, 2018, Wrocław, Poland – Official Selection,
- Travel FilmFest, 2018, Limassol, Cyprus – Official Selection.
Original title: “Nie dojechać nigdy”.
Spanish title: “No llegar nunca”.
Written, directed and edited by Bartosz Lisek.
Shot by Piotr Strzeżysz and Bartosz Lisek.
Cast: Piotr Strzeżysz, Jadwiga Witczak.
- Tres Tristes Tangos “Kolomeika”,
- Tres Tristes Tangos “Kölderen Polka”,
- Terranave “No saber de ti”,
- Tadeusz Woźniak “Dni niczyje (Włóczykije)”,
- Kai Engel (kai-engel.com), music available under CC BY 4.0:
- “Something (Bonus Track)” (prolonged intro),
- “July” (prolonged),
- Chris Zabriskie (chriszabriskie.com), music available under CC BY 4.0:
- “That Kid in Fourth Grade Who Really Liked the Denver Broncos” (shortened, intro mixed),
- “The Temperature of the Air on the Bow of the Kaleetan”,
- Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com), “P. I. Tchaikovsky: Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy” (available under CC BY 3.0).